Join our team of volunteers!
- Meet new people and work with an incredible volunteer team
- Gain valuable special event experience
- Improve your customer service skills & more!
- Receive a Kamloops International Buskers Festival Volunteer T-Shirt and snacks/drinks during your shift
Volunteers are expected to:
- Attend an Orientation and Training Session prior to the festival
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Complete a minimum of two 4-hour shifts (8 to 10 hours)
- Be comfortable providing customer service and interacting with the public
- Be comfortable with actively working outside for the majority of your shift
Volunteers are needed to help in the following areas:
- Ambassadors – to assist with promoting the festivities, providing information, and assistance on site for everyone including attendee surveying
- Pitch Pals / Runners – assist with a variety of tasks (will require lifting and standing for long periods of time)
- Environment / Hospitality– to help ensure that the site is kept looking beautiful for visitors to the Festival. Help to look after the artists and guest by ensuring that the green room is clean , friendly, relaxed and fully stocked environment.
- Information Booth – greets festival guests with smile and provide information about the Busker Festival. Volunteers on this crew learn everything there is to know about the Festival; who, what, where, and how! Selling of merchandise and provide change for visitors at the Festival
- Volunteer Services – to assist in the day to day running of the volunteer tent and acts as a floater to all other teams as needed. This position also assist with the artist vendors
- Busk Stops / Art Installations – assist performers and local artists or organizations
- Festival Site Set–up & Tear-out (will require lifting and standing for long periods of time)
If you would like to volunteer for the Kamloops International Busker Festival, please complete the online form below!